Learn how to butterfly face paint with Natalia Kirillova
Butterfly Face Paint Tutorial | UV Neon Henna Style by Natalia Kirillova
Recently, neon glow in the dark parties have become very popular and the UV-light pattern will be the best decoration for this party! All children and adults always enjoy uv glow in the dark neon designs, so I decided to create for you a butterfly design in henna style, which will glow incredibly under UV light.
1) First, draw the butterfly wings, the upper wing should be slightly larger than the lower one, so that the butterfly design looks harmonious on the face. To do this, I load a sponge into the Leanne's Summer Love cake split - from Leanne's Vivid Rainbow - Petal Palette. This split cake is very bright and glows in UV light, it’s perfect for our design. Purple colour should be placed on the outside of the wings, a light shade should be placed closer to the eyes. This way the butterfly looks light and airy. Be sure to remember the rule when drawing a face paint butterfly wing, the tilt should be at an angle of 45 degrees to the eyes. For more information about the location of the wings, see the photo.
2) The second step is to create a thin outline of the butterfly, directing all the lines to the central focal point, which is located on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes. To do this, I use a medium round face paint brush and Fusion face paint Prime Strong Black . Wider lines should be located on the outer side of the wing, thin elegant lines closer to the eyes. I drew the butterfly's antennae as close to the wings as possible to make room for the rhinestone bling.
3) Let's add more swirls, dots and lines that resemble henna patterns to this bright butterfly. Try to make it more symmetrical. To make the patterns thin and neat, you need to use a very thin face paint round brush.
4) Now we will decorate the wings with a few more elements, giving them an even more interesting look. On the round purple dots I drew yellow highlights, they will glow bright in UV light.
5) To make the butterfly glow as bright as possible, I load a round face paint brush in neon white and draw a few lines to complement the patterns and on top of the black antennae. Next, using body glue, I glue the rhinestone bling in the middle of the forehead leaving some space between to draw a small pattern and teardrop lines in white. Fill in empty spaces with the American Body Art Pixie Paint "Cupcake Day" gel glitter. Now our face paint butterfly design shines in daylight and glows magically in UV light.
I will be happy to see your versions of this bright Face Paint Butterfly design!
Leanne's Vivid Rainbow - Petal Palette is incredibly bright, and thanks to the neon colors, it glows in UV light, is perfectly typed on the sponge and will always help you create any neon glowing design, as well as to create a variety of butterflies, flower fairies, cats, tigers and any other ideas!
- Leanne's Vivid Rainbow - Petal Palette
- Prime Strong Black - Fusion Body Art Face Paints
- Fusion Body Art & FX Paints – Neon White
- Fusion Body Art Face Paint – Prime Paraffin White
- Fusion Body Art - Face Paint Petal Sponge
- Round thin brush
- Round brush 3
My name is Natalia, I live and work in Russia, the city of Yaroslavl. I have won many face painting contests and now I want to teach you how to create beautiful drawings on faces. The most beautiful thing when you show your child the finished picture to see his shining smile.
Follow me on Instagram | Follow me on Facebook | Follow me on YouTube